Here’s a quick and simple calculation to help you figure out if your Buy To Let Property will offer you a healthy return. If in doubt, do the math! Don’t buy blind, always consider the ‘re sale’ value for long term capital gains.
Here are a couple of things to take into consideration when looking for a really good investment.
- How much is the property and will you achieve enough rent to make it worth your while
- How long has the property been on the market. Too long? – Find out why
- Is it in a good Rental area, i.e. close to travel links, shops, university.
- Has it been rented before. If so, ask for legislative certificates and why are there no tenants in situ?
- What Capital Gains might I get. Although you’re initially looking at rental income as your key return, long term capital gains and property price increases can be very nice too. So invest in up and coming areas.
If you’re unsure of where, what or how to purchase a Buy To Let, feel free to call us on 01292 442888
Our advice is always free with no strings attached.